Wed 26 October 2022 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Introduction to the clinical power of dental lasers
Gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on use of various laser systems.
Modern dentistry is not modern without the use of a laser. With lasers we can broaden the scope of many services provided, help you differentiate yourself from your peers and attract new patients. This can reduce your daily stress at work and increase your referral base. This course is designed for clinicians with little or no previous laser experience who would like to incorporate lasers into their daily practice and to open their eyes to what is possible in this exciting and emerging field.
- principles of laser physics and fundamentals
- thermal effects of lasers on tissue
- laser safety and application modes
- understanding laser-tissue interactions and the difference between hard and soft tissue lasers
- soft-tissue diode laser advantages
- photo biomodulation (PBM) also known as low level laser therapy
- hands-on access to a number of lasers for practical experience.
Clinical applications in dentistry and soft tissue management:
- gingival troughing
- haemostasis and coagulation
- laser in orthodontics
- lingual tongue tie release
- fibroma removal
- incision and drainage of abscess
- lasers in periodontal treatments
- periodontal bacterial reduction (PDF)
- lasers and root canal disinfection
- management of bleeding.
The power of photo biomodulation for enhanced healing:
- enhanced healing protocols
- TMJ treatment
- treatment of herpetic lesions and mouth ulcers.
The course intends for attendees to leave with the skills and confidence to execute the most common soft tissue laser treatments.
Clinical applications in dentistry and hard tissue management:
- hard tissue laser use for restorative dentistry
- hard tissue laser use for oral surgery
- laser use for removal of veneers and crowns.
Presented by Dr Philip L Hand
CPD hours: 6 clinical hours
RSVP by Wednesday 12 October 2022.
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Dr Philip L Hand
Dr Philip L Hand has 15 years’ experience with using lasers and has completed a Masters degree in dental lasers from the LA&HA Institute in Slovenia and a Master of Science in Laser Dentistry (UCSC – Rome, Italy).