Advice and Support
Access a range of support and advisory services to help you during the pandemic.
Members can contact us to discuss all aspects of practicing through the pandemic. Please call 8825 4600 or email email@example.com.
Please also keep an eye out for email updates and check our COVID-19 recent updates web page, which is regularly updated.
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services
- List of COVID-19 testing clinics/assessment centres
- COVID-19 public enquiry hotlines:
- National: 1800 020 080
- Victorian: 1800 675 398
- COVID-19 clinical advice hotline (Victorian Department of Health and Human Services):
- Ph: 1300 651 160, 24 hours a day. Choose the ‘Specialist Medical Advice’ option. Pending demand, you may be asked to leave a message for return phone call.
Mental health support
Members can access free confidential counselling with our member assistance program provided by LifeWorks. To make an appointment, or for phone counselling 24/7, call 1300 361 008.
Find HR information, FAQs and templates at www.ada.org.au/Covid-19-Portal/Dental-Professionals.
- Australian Government fact sheets on the economic response package.
- Australian Dental Assocation: www.ada.org.au/Covid-19-Portal/Dental-Professionals
- Table of business financial support measures
- Table of financial support measures for individuals and households
Victorian funding for small businesses and sole traders
On 13 September the Victorian Government announced further support measures for small businesses, including a third round of the Business Support Fund offering between $10,000 - $20,000 to businesses impacted by restrictions depending on annual payroll. Applications are open until 23 November 2020 or until funds are exhausted, and we recommend that eligible practices apply early to avoid missing out.
The Sole Trader Support Fund offers $3000 to eligible non-employing sole traders impacted by restrictions. The fund is open from 25 September 2020.
If your practice meets the eligibility criteria for these grants and your application is not approved, please notify the ADAVB.
Advocacy and action
The ADA and ADAVB have worked tirelessly to represent and support members through the COVID-19 pandemic. An outline of the action we’ve taken as the situation unfolded can be viewed below: