Fri 08 September 2023 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Crown lengthening in restorative treatment workshop
Appreciation of the periodontal-restorative interface is of paramount importance when carrying out restorative, crown and bridge procedures - including Smile Design cases. This hands-on workshop is designed to provide participants with the theoretical and practical knowledge of crown lengthening surgery as part of restorative treatment planning.
It aims to equip the participants with the skills in managing the soft and hard tissues when carrying out crown lengthening procedures.
- be aware of the various periodontal surgical procedures relating to crown lengthening and plan for better restorative results by considering these procedures
- identify the benefits of crown lengthening in restorative treatment, such as allowing access for removal of subgingival caries, improving mechanical retention for crowns and cosmetic improvement in excessive gingival display or uneven gingival line
- recognise the surgical indications and contra-indications of crown lengthening as part of restorative treatment planning process
- implement crown lengthening procedures. The hands-on training will address various gingival flap designs, osseous recontouring and suturing techniques.
Presented by Dr Constantine Ong
CPD hours: 6 clinical hours
Held in conjunction with
Stay COVIDSafe at ADAVB events.
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
This online blended learning and hands-on pre-clinical session will proceed as follows:
- Online web lectures via learning management system Canvas.
- A short multiple choice questions (MCQ) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online live Q&A session for follow-up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on pre-clinical lab session. This session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and live Q&A.
Dr Constantine Ong
Dr Ong is a specialist periodontist. He qualified at the Bristol University, UK in 1998 and won numerous prizes for his research project carried out at University of California, San Francisco.
After several years practising general dentistry, he undertook and completed his specialist training in periodontics and implant dentistry with distinction at the well renowned Eastman Dental Institute, University College London. Dr Ong has been specialising in periodontics and implant dentistry for more than twenty years. Alongside his specialist practice, Toorak Dental Specialist Centre, he has held teaching positions at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute and the University of Melbourne. He was a specialty examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. He has also published in peer reviewed journals and lectured nationally and internationally.