Sorry ! This event is not available at the moment
10:30am: Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Optimising protection
- Key considerations to selection
- Sharps and waste management including ‘’waste tracker’’
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures) - demonstration and participation
- Environmental management - barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management - video and demonstration.
- Maintaining preparedness
1pm - 1.30pm: Break
1:30pm: Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs
- Manual and mechanical cleaning.
- The importance of rinsing post cleaning – water quality
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs - demonstration and examples
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts.
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic) - examples and resources.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.