Thu 23 February 2023 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Infection Prevention and Control Headquarters FEBRUARY
Join us at Infection Prevention and Control Headquarters (IPC HQ) to learn and participate in straightforward strategies to reduce risk, ensure good practice and improve efficiency.
At IPC HQ we have the answers, demonstration equipment and audio visual aids to assist you with all things IPC.
Be guided through the principles and participate in a demonstration of the key concepts using a range of equipment and materials. Examine your current processes and explore the options.
You will learn about:
- the regulatory requirements, guidelines and standards
- recent developments and reviews
- standard and transmission-based precautions:
- PPE, hand hygiene, sharps, waste and environmental management
- aseptic technique – general
- waterline management and testing
- pandemic preparedness
- working safely and efficiently – staff health and occupational exposure management
- reprocessing instruments and equipment, including:
- cleaning methods – the role of detergents, ultrasonic cleaners and washer disinfectors
- tracking and the most efficient implementation in your practice
- sterilisation –releasing loads, documentation and recalls
- validation – clarify your role and the technician’s role.
Presented by Amanda Brown.
CPD hours: 5 clinical hours
RSVP by 16 February 2023
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
10:30am: Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene - activities
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- P2 respirators - key considerations to selecting, fit testing and checking
- Sharps management
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures) - demonstration and participation
- Environmental management - barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management - video and demonstration.
- Maintaining COVID Safe plans.
1pm - 1.30pm: Break
1:30pm: Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Manual and mechanical cleaning. View practice videos and demonstrations of simulated soil and protein testing
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs - demonstration and examples
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic) - examples and resources.
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs - demonstration of concepts.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.