Thu 30 November 2023 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) NOVEMBER
Are you looking to expand your current IPC knowledge or for insights into minimising the impact of IPC on your efficiency, cost and the environment?
Our team is qualified and skilled to assist you in the implementation of contemporary infection prevention and control including reprocessing processes.
Be guided through IPC principles using a range of media, equipment demonstrations and discussion. Experience a truly practical session with many take-home tips to reduce risk, increase efficiency and reduce costs associated with consumables use, loss and damage to equipment.
You will learn about:
- the regulatory requirements, guidance documents and sources
- recent developments and reviews
- standard and transmission-based precautions:
- PPE, hand hygiene, sharps, waste and environmental management
- aseptic technique – general
- waterline management and testing
- maintaining preparedness
- working safely and efficiently – staff health and occupational exposure management
- reprocessing instruments and equipment, including:
- cleaning methods – the role of detergents, ultrasonic cleaners and washer disinfectors
- the importance of rinsing
- tracking and the most efficient implementation in your practice
- sterilisation – releasing loads, documentation and recalls
- validation – clarify your role and the technician’s role.
- Sustainable methods of documenting monitoring tasks, test and maintenance performance
Presented by Amanda Brown.
CPD hours: 5 clinical hours
RSVP by 23 November 2023
Did you know this same program is offered at your practice anywhere in Victoria? Contact us to find out more email@example.com or phone 88254600.
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
10:30am: Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Optimising protection
- Key considerations to selection
- Sharps and waste management including ‘’waste tracker’’
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures) - demonstration and participation
- Environmental management - barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management - video and demonstration.
- Maintaining preparedness
1pm - 1.30pm: Break
1:30pm: Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs
- Manual and mechanical cleaning.
- The importance of rinsing post cleaning – water quality
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs - demonstration and examples
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts.
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic) - examples and resources.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.