Thu 04 March 2021
Infection prevention and control (Part 2): Clinical & Reprocessing
Build your confidence with your infection prevention and control processes.
Learn straightforward strategies to reduce risk, ensure best practice and improve efficiency.
- How to identify risk
- Pathways for infection
- How to evaluate appropriate methods to minimise and eliminate cross contamination
- How to apply effective and efficient work practices in the dental surgery.
CPD hours: 5 clinical hours
RSVP by 2 March
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), including P2 respirators
- Sharps management
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures).
- Environmental management:
- Barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- COVID-19 requirements
- Waterline management
- Maintaining COVIDSafe plans.
1:30pm: Second half
Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Manual and mechanical cleaning (simulated soil and protein testing demonstration)
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic)
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.