Sorry ! This event is not available at the moment
Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), including P2 respirators
- Sharps management
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures).
- Environmental management:
- Barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management
- Maintaining COVIDSafe plans.
1:30pm: Second half
Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Manual and mechanical cleaning (simulated soil and protein testing demonstration)
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic)
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.