Thu 28 October 2021 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Infection prevention and control (Part 2): Clinical & Reprocessing
Learn straightforward strategies to reduce risk, ensure good practice and improve efficiency.
Be guided through the principles and participate in a demonstration of the key concepts using a range of equipment and materials. Examine your current processes and explore the options.
You will learn about:
- Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Including maintaining your COVID Safe Plan
- Working safely and efficiently
- Reprocessing instruments and equipment, including
- Cleaning methods – the role of detergents, ultrasonic cleaners and washer disinfectors
- Tracking and the most efficient implementation in your practice
- Sterilisation – documenting and releasing loads
- Validation – clarify your role and the technician’s role.
Presented by Amanda Brown.
CPD hours: 5 clinical hours
RSVP by 26 October
This is the last session of Infection prevention and control (Part 2): Clinical & Reprocessing for 2021. Don't miss it!
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Standard and transmission-based precautions
- Hand hygiene
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Including P2 respirators
- Sharps management
- Aseptic techniques (simple extractions and surgical procedures).
- Environmental management
- Barriers and wipes (demonstration of environmental markers and techniques)
- Waterline management
- Maintaining COVID Safe plans
1:30pm: Second half
Reprocessing instruments and equipment
- Manual and mechanical cleaning (simulated soil and protein testing demonstration)
- Packaging, tracking and sterilising RMDs
- Testing, interpreting device results and readouts
- Validation processes
- Documentation to support processes (paper and electronic)
- Product tips and tricks to managing multiple practitioners RMDs.
Amanda Brown has extensive experience in public and private practice, and is a highly regarded consultant in infection prevention and control.
Amanda’s qualifications are:
• Certificate in Infection Control and Sterilisation
• Certificate in Dental Nursing
• Certificate III in Sterilising Practice
• Member of ACIPC
• Member of SRACA
• Member of OSAP.