Sat 04 February 2023 9:00 AM - Sat 11 February 2023 4:00 PM
Mental health first aid training - two day course
This two-day course explains the different types of mental illnesses. Through a five-step action plan, you will learn skills to assess and respond to someone experiencing a mental health problem or crisis situation.
The course is based on guidelines developed though the expert consensus of professionals, as well as people with lived experience of mental health problems.
- Identify signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- Improve knowledge of mental health illnesses and their treatments
- Recognise and respond to mental health problems
- Identify the interventions and support available
- How to approach someone you’re concerned about
- Learn about tools to provide initial support and how to encourage someone to get professional help or support from others
- Improve confidence in providing mental health first aid training.
Your attendance is required on BOTH days (4 and 11 February) in order to receive your accreditation. The cost of the course covers the two days of training, a copy of the manual and certificate. Morning tea and lunch will be provided on both days.
Presented by licensed Mental Health First Aid Training Instructor, Dr Roisin McGrath.
CPD hours: 12 clinical hours
RSVP by 31 January.
100% of proceeds from the course will be used to fund eviDent project 030 – Effectiveness of pre-treatment music interventions in managing anxiety in the dental setting
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Dr Roisin McGrath
Dr McGrath has been working in the oral health field for over 30 years. She is experienced in mental health research and clinical research.
She is a senior lecturer at the Melbourne Dental School and supervises undergraduate, Honours, Masters and PhD level student projects. She is a licensed Mental Health First Aid instructor and trains dental practitioners to support people experiencing mental health problems or mental health crises.