Wed 31 May 2023 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Posterior indirect partial coverage restoration
Gain a thorough understanding of indirect posterior partial coverage restorations, including planning, CAD/CAM, tooth preparation, and cementation of ceramic and metal restorations.
- An introduction to indirect posterior partial coverage restorations
- Tooth preparation and temporisation for ceramic and metal restorations
- Assessment, try-in and cementation of ceramic and metal restorations
- Finishing and polishing of ceramic and metal restorations
- Use of CAD/CAM for posterior partial coverage restorations.
- Understand the differences involved in the cementation of ceramic and metal restorations
- Understand the use of CAD/CAM for posterior partial coverage restorations
- Assess, prepare and finish posterior ceramic and metal restorations
- Practise cementation techniques for posterior partial coverage restorations.
Presented by Dr Kirthi Kosalram and Dr Bevan Chong
Held in conjuction with
CPD hours: 10 clinical hours
RSVP by 17 May 2023, limited to 20 participants.
Stay COVIDSafe at ADAVB events.
Please note: Photographs may be taken at this event and may be used on the ADAVB website, social media or publications to promote ADAVB events and ADAVB membership. Please advise us if you do not wish to be photographed.
This online blended learning and hands-on pre-clinical session will proceed as follows:
- Online web lectures via learning management system Canvas.
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of scientific CPD is awarded for this.
- Online live Q&A session for follow-up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on pre-clinical lab session. This session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and live Q&A.
Dr Kirthi Kosalram
Dr Kirthi Kosalram graduated in India and received her Doctorate in Prosthodontics (DCD) from the University of Sydney (2013). She went on to teach prosthodontics at the Universities of Melbourne and Sydney. Dr Kosalram practises in Kew, Victoria. She has a keen interest in cosmetic rehabilitations, fixed, implant and maxillofacial prosthodontics. Dr Kosalram actively lectures and conducts workshops on implantology, fixed prosthodontics, veneers, onlays, crowns, cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry.
Dr Kosalram is a registered ITI speaker and director of the ITI Melbourne Inner-East study club. She was awarded a fellowship to the International Team for Implantology for her services to the organisation. Dr Kosalram is often asked to provide opinions on complex dental cases/scenarios by general dentists and dental specialists.
She is a supporter of the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation and takes a keen interest in the organisation’s research activities. In addition, Dr Kosalram provides prosthodontic services to victims of domestic violence through the Australian Dental Health Foundation. Outside of work, she enjoys travelling, fashion, reading, documentaries and spending time with her family.
Dr Bevan Chong
Dr Bevan Chong completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery at the University of Otago in 2005 and his Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) at the University of Sydney in 2013.
Since completing his prosthodontic training, Dr Chong has been involved in teaching prosthodontics at graduate and postgraduate levels at the University of Sydney. He currently works in specialist private practice in Melbourne CBD and Geelong, and continues to be involved in prosthodontic education as an invited lecturer and clinical supervisor at the University of Melbourne.