04 February 2021
COVID-19 update: Hotel quarantine case
A hotel quarantine worker at the Grand Hyatt Hotel has tested positive to coronavirus (COVID-19). New statewide restrictions came into effect from 11:59pm 3 February.
The individual last worked at the Grand Hyatt on 29 January and was tested at the end of their shift, returning a negative result. Subsequently, he developed symptoms and was tested again on 2 February. He returned a positive result late yesterday. As a result, new restrictions have come back into effect.
New statewide restrictions came into effect from 11:59pm 3 February. These restrictions are:
- The limit on the number of people gathering in a household will be reduced from 30 to 15, meaning the household members plus 15 visitors (excluding children under 12 months of age).
- Masks will be mandatory in public indoor spaces. If you have visitors in your home, it is strongly recommended that masks are worn during the visit. Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces apart from when eating or drinking. If you are planning to leave your home – take a mask. This means that patients must wear a mask in the waiting room, and dental staff must wear masks in non-clinical settings.
- The 75 per cent ‘return to work’ cap in both public and private sectors scheduled for Monday 8 February will be paused and the current cap of 50 per cent will remain in place.
Exposure sites are listed here: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/important-alert-about-new-hotel-quarantine-case-covid-19 and below. Anyone who has visited any of these placed must get tested and isolate for 14 days. You should use these locations to screen all staff prior to attending work and patients prior to treatment, and defer any non-emergency care for 14 days for any patients who have visited these sites:
- Northpoint Café, Brighton: 8:10am – 9:30am on 31 January
- Kmart, Brandon Park: 4:35pm – 5:10pm on 31 January
- Nakama Workshop, Clayton South: 11:15am – midday on 1 February
- Melbourne Golf Academy, Heatherton: 5:19pm – 6:35pm on 1 February
- Aces Sporting Club (Driving Range), Keysborough: 10pm – 11:15pm on 30 January
- Kmart, Keysborough: 4pm – 5pm on 31 January
- Exford Hotel, Melbourne: 11pm – 11:35pm on 29 January
- Lululemon, Moorabbin: 5pm – 5:45pm on 1 February
- Club Noble, Noble Park: 2:36pm – 3:30pm on 30 January
- Bunnings, Springvale: 11:30am – 12.15pm on 1 February
- Coles, Springvale: 5pm – 6pm on 31 January
- Sharetea, Springvale: 6:50pm – 7:30pm on 1 February
- Woolworths, Springvale: 6:30pm – 7.30pm on 1 February
- Kebab Kingz, West Melbourne: 11:24pm 29 January – 12:15am 30 January
We will keep members updated as the situation unfolds and find more information at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.