15 July 2021
Lockdown restrictions announced across Victoria
The Victorian Premier has announced a five-day lockdown across all of Victoria effective from 11:59pm Thursday 15 July 2021 until 11:59pm Tuesday 20 July 2021.
People must stay at home. The only reasons for leaving home are:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Authorised work or permitted education, or work interstate
- Exercise (up to two hours, with one other person or members of your household)
- Receiving a vaccination
- Other specified reasons (specific exemptions apply).
Dental practitioners are authorised workers and are permitted to work. However at this stage the authorised worker restrictions only permit urgent dental care. We will continue our discussions with the Department of Health to advocate strongly for a more moderate approach to provision of dental care and will keep members updated.