The mentoring program is an exclusive member service for recent graduate members, including ADC graduates, in the first year of their career.
Recent graduates (mentees) are paired with experienced dentists who can provide guidance and advice to support professional and personal development. Mentees can share and discuss their current professional career challenges.
The program is facilitated by Associate Professor Nicola Kilpatrick who is a paediatric dentist and certified leadership coach and mentor.
This program is supported by Guild Insurance.
Benefits for mentees
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
- Become more self-aware and empowered to make decisions
- Increase your social and professional confidence
- Develop your communication skills
- Develop strategies to manage and deal with both personal and career challenges.
Benefits for mentors
- Share your experiences and knowledge
- Strengthen your active listening skills
- Enhance your own relationship building skills
- Be exposed to different perspectives, ideas and approaches
- Re-energise your career with a sense of fulfilment
- Provides a conduit for mentors to give back
- Share knowledge to increase a sense of self-worth
- Provides an added sense of purpose and responsibility for one's career.
The 2021 mentoring program will commence in September 2021. Applications for the program open in August 2021.