30 March 2021
Develop your public speaking skills
Develop your public speaking skills and confidence with this member-only career development opportunity for post-graduate students.
The Australian Dental Association Victorian Branch, together with BOQ Specialist, is offering post-graduate members an exciting opportunity to apply for a two-day program to assist in the development of skills and confidence to present at professional speaking opportunities such as CPD lectures, teaching and meetings.
About the program
We have nine spots available for the program and invite current and recently graduated post-graduate students to apply for this valuable member-only career development opportunity.
Professional Presentation Skills Program
Two-day workshop, conducted by WeTrain
- Gain a professional edge in your presentation skills
- Learn how to answer difficult questions
- Develop techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Build a rapport with your audience.
Workshop dates: Friday 28 - Saturday 29 May
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: ADAVB office, Level 3, 10 Yarra Street, South Yarra
Cost: Free (lunch provided).
Applicants for the program must be:
- A current ADAVB member
- Currently completing post-graduate studies OR have recently graduated from post-graduate studies (2018-2020)
- Available to attend both days of the workshop in person.
How to apply
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to take part in the workshop by preparing a three to five-minute video outlining the following:
- Your full name
- Course specialty and year of graduation/expected year of graduation
- Any past experience presenting to an audience
- Your reasons for wanting to undertake this program
- How you will use your new skills
- The types of ADAVB events such as CPD courses that you could present at in the future and the range of topics you are interested in
- Submit your video to email@example.com
- Files must be in MP4 format.
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021, 5pm.
All applications will be reviewed by the selection panel. Successful candidates will be notified by 26 April 2021.
For further information please contact Caroline Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 8825 4600.
Proudly supported by BOQ Specialist.