04 October 2022
World Cavity Free Future Day 14 October
World Cavity-Free Future Day 2022 is on 14 October and the focus is on encouraging behavioural change around toothbrushing and to support and motivate those that need it to brush their teeth.
Brushing your teeth with fluoride toothpaste is proven to be one of the most effective way to prevent cavities and tooth decay and recently the World Health Organisation (WHO) recognised fluoride toothpaste as an essential medicine. Despite this, some children and adults do not or cannot brush their teeth regularly. Encouraging behavioural change is important as oral healthcare professionals have the least amount of control over our oral health routine in between check-ups. Encouraging the right habits as early as possible is crucial to helping people maintain these healthy habits throughout the life course.
Postcards are available for download at World Cavity-Free Future Day - The Alliance for a Cavity-Free Future (acffglobal.org)
- Keep brushing, keep smiling
- A family that brushes together, smiles together
- Brush now, save later
- Brush on the go
- Fluoride toothpaste keeps your teeth strong
- Why not try some delicious sugar-free treats
- We brush better when we brush together
- A little change makes a big difference
- Build healthy habits
- Go shopping for oral hygiene