13 July 2021
Celebrating 10 years of eviDent Foundation
10 years ago, the ADAVB, together with Cooperative Research Centre for Oral Health Science based at The University of Melbourne, established eviDent Foundation.
eviDent is a health-promotion charity supporting Australia’s only Dental Practice Based Research Network. eviDent aims to encourage relationships between practitioners and academic researchers. By building research capacity to produce and use evidence, eviDent facilitates and supports dental practices to produce and disseminate evidence that can translate into practice and inform policy.
eviDent research leads directly to improved treatment outcomes for patients, and addresses the connection between oral and general health.
10 years of achievement
Over the past 10 years, eviDent has:
- Established a dental practice-based research network of more than 126 dental practitioners
- Undertaken 26 research projects
- Published 18 peer reviewed papers
- Produced six fact sheets for practitioners and patients
- Presented at more than 75 local, national and international conferences and meetings
- Partnered with universities and research networks around the world.
eviDent’s collaborations with researchers have resulted in numerous reviewed publications and over $541,000 of research income.
Celebrate with a gift for both eviDent and you!
Place your bid in eviDent’s 10th birthday auction. Select from a range of items to give yourself, while giving to eviDent to help it investigate:
- How to improve access to care for the 1920 children who are born with congenital heart disease annually, with almost half of those waiting for life-saving heart surgery experiencing delays to treat their tooth decay first
- The impact of COVID-19 on dentistry in Australia
- How to help dentists make informed choices of the best imaging investigation to improve diagnostic efficacy
- How to improve the clinical outcomes of patients receiving implant treatment
- The challenges and barriers to care and treatment planning of Molar Incisor Hypomineralisation affected teeth from a general dental practitioners’ point of view from two different countries
- How to translate oral health research into better general health for all Australians.
Hurry – the auction ends 10pm tonight! Bid now.
Be part of eviDent’s next chapter
There are many ways to get involved with eviDent Foundation: