30 November 2020
Join our Mouthguard March 2021 campaign!
Join the eviDent Foundation's Mouthguard March campaign! Get on board with the Melbourne Rebels and Melbourne Football Club and help raise awareness of the importance of properly fitted mouthguards.
Every year, thousands of people are treated for injuries that could have been prevented by wearing a properly fitted mouthguard, many needing visits to hospital emergency departments and extensive dental treatment. In Victoria, sports are the most common cause of injury to teenagers and young adults requiring a hospital visit, accounting for 20.9% of all accidents. Injuries to the mouth and jaw are some of the most common sporting injuries, including broken jaw, cuts to the mouth, chipped, broken and knocked out teeth.
The eviDent Foundation is seeking to turn this around with their Mouthguard March campaign. The campaign aims to remind parents and players of the importance of wearing a custom-fitted mouthguard during sport.
The Melbourne Rebels and Melbourne Football Club are on board to increase awareness of the importance of properly fitted mouthguards, and as campaign ambassadors they will help promote the campaign.
Dental practices in Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland are eligible to participate. Get on board and your practice could benefit from an increase in business – thanks to the promotional activities planned for participating practices.
How can your practice get involved?
- Join eviDent’s campaign by becoming a Mouthguard March practice
- Pledge to donate $10 per mouthguard fitted by your practice in March, to the eviDent Foundation*
- If you can’t participate this time, learn about other ways to get involved with eviDent.
How will your practice benefit?
- Increased sales in custom fitted mouthguards means more business for your practice
- Promotion of participating practices on the eviDent Foundation website and via social media
- Promotion of participating practices to sporting clubs affiliated with the campaign
- Publicity about the campaign by our ambassadors
- Publicity about the campaign on the ADAVB website and social media
- Free posters and flyers for display in your practice, featuring our sporting ambassadors.
*Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
The eviDent Foundation is a health-promotion charity supporting Australia’s only Dental Practice Based Research Network. eviDent enhances the clinical outcomes of dental practice and improves patient care by facilitating research within and relevant to dental practices.