24 October 2022
Latest podcast with Prof Marie Bismark - Recognising the experiences of health care workers
As part of Mental Health Month, Dental Central is focusing on mental health. In this episode Emily and Matt are joined by Professor Marie Bismark – a doctor, psychiatry trainee, lawyer and researcher with qualifications in bioethics and public health, and one of Australian Financial Review’s Top 100 Women of Influence in 2019.
We dive into:
- The experiences of health care workers during the pandemic, detailed in Marie’s book: Experiences of Health Workers in the COVID-19 Pandemic – in their own words
- The importance of recognition for health care workers
- The impact of the ‘health care heroes’ label
- Mental health findings during the pandemic
- Ahpra complaints/notifications and the impact on practitioner wellbeing
- Mental health and mandatory notification.
Note: Some listeners might find some of this content difficult or confronting. If it does cause distress, there are support services available, including:
- Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
- Dental Practitioner Support - 1800 377 700
- LifeWorks (ADAVB members only) - 1300 361 008
Remember to go back and listen to some of our previous Dental Central podcast episodes.