28 April 2022
Stop the Rot
Poor oral health continues to be one of the strongest indicators of inequality in Australia, yet dental health continues to be absent from health policy discussions in this country.
We have joined the ADA Stop the Rot campaign to call on political parties and candidates in this federal election to prioritise dental care for older Australians living in residential aged care.
- There are 200,000 older Australians living in residential aged care who have poor access to dental care.
- The Aged Care Royal Commission highlighted significant neglect and countless stories of poor oral health.
- We need a Senior Dental Benefits Scheme to ensure that older Australians can access dental care when they need it.
- Older Australians deserve better than what they are currently getting.
- We need you to tell our politicians to take action.
You can help to make a difference and join our Stop the Rot campaign. Send an email to your local Member of Parliament and the candidates in the upcoming election. Tell them that access to dental care is important to you. Ask them to ensure that dental care is funded adequately so that people do not miss out on necessary dental treatment. Encourage your friends to get involved in the campaign.
Visit adavb.org/stoptherot to get involved and help make dental health a priority this federal election.